Monday, April 25, 2011

A Possible Dog Food Recall In South Africa

What is being reported as a possible dog food recall in South Africa after twelve dogs had died from eating three different brands of dog food. The brand names were Buddies, Hi Pro and Roodepoort that contained a toxic fungus.

The executive director of the Pet Food Institute of Southern Africa Barry Hundley said: the dogs died of aflatoxicosis which is caused by a fungus.

The Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital is asking all Vets to be on the lookout for warning signs. And the Department of Agriculture will be checking out the three different companies to see if the cause came from their factories or not.

Hopefully they can find out where this started from so that no other dogs will have to die.

Read the article by Angelique Seerrao here.


Anonymous said...

Check your facts, you copied an article and still get it wrong? Roodepoort is a place not a brand!

The brands, which I have literally copied and pasted, are Hi-Pro, Buddies and Legends!

Dogman2 said...

Thanks, I have updated the article.

productsza said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful blog. Very innovative information wrote here.
Dog food