Friday, August 1, 2008

Homeless Vet Who Gave Up His Sick Dog, Gets His Dog Back


Video by KTLA

Bob Mikolasko who is a homeless Vet had thought that his dog was dying, had dropped his buddy off at the Granada Hills Medical Center Chatoak thinking that they would euthanize his sick dog.
Well it turned out that Kaiser was treated by the Medical Center and was reunited with Bob Milolasko after he had seen a news report looking for the dogs owner.

Here is part of the letter that Debbie Herot had found on the door step.
Dear Drs., please forgive me for this horrible transgression. I have no where else to turn so I ask you to mercifully, gently and lovingly please help him sleep. His name is Kaiser and he's 16-and-a half years old. He's been my friend, my teacher, my pupil, my lifelong loving and loyal companion.
We've been together 24-7 365 days a year since he was 8 months old. He's gentle, smart, and I'll miss him more than I could admit. Saturday evening, without warning or any outside influence, he began rolling on his back on the floor, all four legs extended, rigid and thrusting wildly in all directions. I saw fear and panic in his otherwise unrecognizable eyes. His head was pulled down to his right, and he seemed unable to do otherwise. If I had to render a guess I would say it appeared as though he had a stroke. He can stand, but 85 percent unsteady. He's fearfully reacting to attempts to get him to drink water. He refuses food as though he's totally lost knowledge of what to do with food.

What a sad story that turned out to be a dream come true for the dog and his owner.

Read the article here.

No comments: