Saturday, September 24, 2011

Canine Companions of Independence Brings Out Their Wounded Veterans Initiative


It always nice to know that the Canine Companions of Independence is there to help the disabled and now they just reached out to those at Fort Sills in Oklahoma to let the soldiers know that they are there to help if needed.

An ex veteran who was injured in an accident named Kirk Black talked about his service dog Sergi who has become his best friend. While talking to the soldiers Kirt talked about how he over came his injuries and how his dog had helped give him another chance to live with his injuries.

Kirk Black said: I was amazed at seeing dogs that were nine to ten months old and so well behaved and just so loving as most dogs are. Sergi and I have been together for about two years. He just turned four the other day and he is a great partner. So if I was out somewhere and I dropped my cell phone and couldn't reach it, I'd say Sergi, Sergi get. That's it. That's it. Heal. So, then if I couldn't still reach it, if I didn't have great dexterity, I could tell him Sergi lap. That way I can get him closer to me. Drop. That's it... Good boy.

What a great company Canine Companions of Independence is for all they do to help people that have disabilities free of charge.

Read the article here.

No comments: